So, it has been a while since my last blog. The last three weeks of waiting have been very difficult. I was constantly checking my phone to make sure it was on ring, not vibrate. I always made sure it was in my pocket or somewhere I could hear it. After two weeks, I ended up calling Kim, who was the person who would call us with the results. She checked the lab and I was told that it would take at least another week, maybe two, to finish the testing and get the results. After two weeks and six days, I received the call.
I was home alone with both kids. Tony had to go into work for his annual evaluation and would only be gone a short time. I was actually on the phone with JCPenney Portrait Studio wondering if we could get Hayden's pictures a day early so we wouldn't have to drive into Flint two days in a row. Hayden was napping and Bella was laying on the couch watching Cars because she was sick with a 101 degree temperature. I hung up with JCPenney so I wouldn't miss the phone call from Ann Arbor. It was Kim with the test results.
She reminded me about what the doctor's were testing for and let me know the results were positive. I was told that Dr Dowling would want to see us to discuss things further. She made an appointment for Tony and I in Ann Arbor for the next day. I was in shock when I hung up the phone. I had not let myself believe that Bella could really have something wrong with her, so to actually hear the positive results was devistating. I called Tony with the news and then had to pull myself together. Bella is very observant and does not like it when people cry around her. She gets very upset, so for her sake I had to stop.
Wow! A positive result. Never in a million years could I ever have imagined something like this could happen. She is such a wonderful little girl and it is just so hard to think that she will more than likely never walk, that her muscles will slowly break down and disappear and that her life could possibly be ended too soon as a result.
No comments:
Post a Comment